Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Skylanders

So I've had an attraction to "little rubber guys" for as long as I can remember. My parents would buy me Smurfs as a little kid (one of the few childhood collections I still have), I remember receiving Battle Beasts as a gift while recovering from having my tonsils removed, I had battles in my sandbox for years with M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, etc.

I also LOVE video game gimmicks. I've owned "Seaman", "Samba De Amigo", "Hey you, Pikachu", "Donkey Konga", "Guitar Hero", "Yanya Caballista", and several other games requiring unique peripherals.

So just about the minute Skylanders was released, I was there to buy it.

Skylanders has become a game that both my wife and I play, which makes it an extra beloved collection around here. The characters are different enough that you actually WANT to have them all, and they certainly didn't skimp on the toy designs.

In the pictures below I'm not going to bother posting the little accessories, because a toy of a bottle of potion is sort of boring.

My collection so far:

 Slam Bam, Wham Shell

 Gill Grunt, Zap

 Whirlwind, Sonic Boom

 Warnado, Lightning Rod

 Cynder, Ghost Roaster

 Hex, Chop-Chop

 Spyro, Wrecking Ball

 Voodood, Double Trouble

 Zook, Camo

 Stealth Elf, Stump Smash

 Terrafin, Dino-rang

 Prism Break, Bash

 Sunburn, Ignitor

 Eruptor, Flameslinger

 Drobot, Drill Sergeant 

 Trigger Happy, Boomer

 Trigger Snappy, Gill Runt

Whisper Elf, Terrabite

 Pirate Seas, Darklight Crypt

Dragon's Peak, Empire of Ice

I will be updating soon with the "Skylanders: Giants" figures I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment